The castle possess 1729 historical items (in museum terminology – collection items) which makes 12,83 % of the total number of all collection items?
The historical library includes 14 312 books and we would need 286 m long shelf to store all the books?
The largest carpet from the museum collection has 44,12 m2 and it covers an area of the average two-rooms apartment?
In the year of our Lord 1751, a monk entered the Chapel beneath Red Stone? There were no doors even it had been standing for almost 6 years. At first, he seemed to be a simple monk – hermit. But the way he analyzed the unrendered altar was a signal that this poor God´s servant was accustomed to the higher standard. more:::.
The year 1961 was bad not only for the Burial Chapel itself but also for 13 members of the Palfi family buried inside? Sarcophagi with bodily remains placed within walls were pulled out of holes in May. Small coffin with a newborn baby was completely crushed. The other ones were broken as the offenders tried to get inside. Did they look for gold or jewellery? more:::.
Red Stone Castle should be originally situated at the different mountain of the Small Carpathians than it is today? In the 13th century Queen Konstancia had chosen a suitable area for its construction. It was the Mount Kukla, the large watcher of a valley situated in the Small Carpathians. The name of brook which flows through this area is Gidra. After digging out a basement and bringing building material very strange things started to happen. Some parts of a building already constructed in one day, were the following day replaced over the valley to the opposite mount. more:::.
A fish pond - nursery used to be at Red Stone? In 1535, both the castle and estate were purchased by the rich business family from the south-German town of Augsburg. Family members were very active in gaining a profit. Therefore, a new renaissance fortress was built in a big style at the place of gradually demolished old medieval castle. The primary goal of the family was a maximum economic independence of the estate. They established new manors, settled down dilapidated estates……built a system of fish ponds. more:::.
All school visits must be booked at least one week in advance.
Please contact the ticket office to arrange your visit..
Life at the castle
- from October to April: from Tuesday to Friday from 9.45 to 15.15 every 15 minutes, except 11.30 and 13.30
- from May to September: from Monday to Friday from 9.15 to 16.45 every 15 minutes, except whole hour
place: the south-west castle wing (19 rooms + the winepress room)
During the reign
of Maria Theresa
- from October to April: from Tuesday to Friday at 10.20, 12.20, 14.20
- from May to September: from Monday to Friday at 10.20, 12.20, 14.20
place: the south-east castle wing + the lower hall, the upper hall and the knight´s hall
Enemy at the gates!
- from October to April: from Tuesday to Friday from 10.00 to 15.00 every whole hour
- from May to September: from Monday to Friday from 9.00 to 17.00 every whole
place: the castle cells + one section of the castle defence system
Sala – what?
when: June and September: from Monday to Friday at 8.00, 11.00 and 14.00
place: sala terrena situated within the castle interior
the central pillar
of the castle presentation
- from October to April: from Tuesday to Friday in set time from 10.00 to 15.00
- from May to September: from Monday to Friday in set time from 9.00 to 17.00
place: the education room
The work paper hiding the castle mystery
- from October to April: from Tuesday to Friday from 9.30 to 15.30
- from May to September: from Monday to Friday from 9.00 to 17.00
place: the castle courtyard and the castle front yard
on e-mail email@example.com